Wanna know the secret behind a magazine worthy wedding set up? What it takes to make your wedding breathtakingly swoon worthy? What will have your guests talking about your wedding for days and days? It’s all about going the extra mile to take your decorative details to unexpected levels of pretty. A table overhang that perfectly frames a table or setup in a wonderfully whimsical way is a guaranteed way to achieve that magazine wow factor every single time. I may be biased though since I’ve got just a bit of a personal obsession with them. So here are a few examples to plead my case. You be the judge!
Tips to Creating Your Own Overhang:
- First and foremost, make sure your venue will allow an overhang. If so, check to see that they have rigging in place to facilitate one, i.e. exposed beams or pipes.
- Whenever possible, work with a professional to create your custom overhang. The logistics behind pulling one together are complicated. A professional can also bring in rigging if your venue doesn’t have any.
- If having an outdoor wedding tap into what Mother Nature has to offer and use low hanging branches on large trees.
- For best visual results hang your overhang components at different heights and depths to give dimension to your arrangement.
- Remember that what goes up must come down. If managing an overhang on your own, before committing to it, keep in mind that you’ll have to go back to the venue for tear down the next day.
If you’re up for attempting to create your own decorative table overhang, come back and visit with us this Wednesday when we show you how.