There are two things to remember when making the decision to DIY your wedding favors. Number 1: you want your design to be pretty but simple, read easily replicated 100 times over! Number 2: the bits and bobs required to complete a concept add up so make sure each individual component coming together to create your guest giveaway comes at a low price point. To get you started on the right track we have just the example to share today. Simple, sweet and super cute, these aptly candy shaped favors are a DIY dream. Here’s how to get the look.
- transparent pillow shaped favor boxes
- patterned and textured wrapping paper – we used a combo of a simple stripe and a textured cream and gold
- sea blue satin ribbon, wired gold ribbon and gold twine
- expressions small rectangular tags in vintage pink
- candy filling of your choice (not shown here)
The Look and How-To
The How-To: once you’ve filled your box, wrap it, leaving an equal amount of excess paper on either end for the tie offs. Tie ends with satin ribbon and then add in the gold twine. Run a couple strands of gold twine from one end of the box to the other, creating an imperfect layer over your wrap. Complete with tag.
The How-To: once you’ve filled your box, wrap it, leaving an equal amount of excess paper on either end for the tie off. Tie ends with wired gold ribbon, curling the trailing strands. Complete with tag.