If you’re one of those brides or grooms who think that DIY is strictly for the homespun at heart, get ready for a game changer! Granted, there was a time when DIY was catered towards those looking to do-it-themselves to make it sweet and on a dime, but things have come a long way since then. Now DIY is more about “designing” it yourself, personalizing the various wedding day details like only you can, making them unique to you. It’s about using traditional crafting techniques and applying them in new unique ways, to things that may have previously never been considered as candidates for the creative. Enter today’s how-to post, featuring decorative contemporary white acrylic products and the three ways we upgraded their designs. Here’s how to make the look yours, applicable to any acrylic product you like.
Color Me Pretty
Love the sleek look of white acrylic but in the mood for a splash of color? Bring the best of both worlds together with a pretty paint palette and a floral stencil.
- white acrylic table number
- floral stencil and fine tip paint brush
- premium all purpose paint in lilac, pale pink, lemon yellow and olive green
Sparkle and Shine
A little bling is never a bad idea! Add a touch of the opulent to your modern acrylic pieces by subtly accessorizing them with iridescent jewel stickers.
- personalized mr. and mrs. white acrylic cake topper
- premium self-adhesive iridescent jewels
- tweezers for precise application
All That Glitters
For major impact that still highlights an acrylic piece’s modern design, go for an all over face lift by covering the piece with a dusting of gold glitter.
- personalized industrial cityscape white acrylic sign
- mod podge and a paint brush for application (you’ll need to cover the entire sign and stand, separately)
- fine gold glitter