It never ceases to amaze me how far a little paint can go in the transformation of whatever it’s applied to. With the infusion of a bit of strategically selected color, and with some creative application, countless design specific details are possible. Today we’re using it and some stencils to apply a touch of the hottest trending wedding theme, Boho, to some organically appropriate place cards holders. From turquoise feathers to blush pink arrows, rocks never looked so good! Here’s how to add bits of the Boho design to your wedding day.
- natural rock place card holders
- autumn leaf design place cards
- multi surface acrylic paint in choice colors – we used the Craft Smart brand in Blush Pink, Native Turquoise and Deep Peach
- paintbrushes – one small flat headed brush for use with stencils and one fine tip for freehand application
- a selection of stencills featuring staple Boho graphics
- select your stencils. Stick on stencils are best for this project, allowing for the most precise painted details.
- use a mix of Boho inspired graphics and a varied complimentary color palette
- using a flat headed paintbrush apply a coat of multi surface paint onto each rock. Don’t worry about a perfectly even application. An uneven finish makes for a more organic overall look.
- for those extra crafty brides, don’t hesitate to freehand a design if you can’t find a stencil you like or if you just want to do it all on your own.
The End Result