Big and small. Short and tall. Monochromatic and bursting with an abundance of color. Wedding reception centerpieces come in many sizes, shapes and colors, making them uber exciting as far as possibilities go, and ultra complicated as far as planning goes. To help you work your way through the endless array of options we’re breaking down everything you need to consider to make your final selection. Follow these tips and there’s no doubt your wedding reception will be a stunner!
The Centerpieces Guide
- Keeping Proportion. Make sure your centerpieces are big enough to fill out the tables they’re going to sit on. If too small, no matter how pretty, they’ll simply get lost.
- Provide for a Line of Sight. When going with tall arrangements try to ensure they don’t prevent anyone at the table from seeing other guests seated with them or any other important focal points, like your head table. You can do so by going with slender or clear vessels.
- Play with Height. One of the easiest ways to provide for visual impact is to play with varying heights within an arrangement. To get the look use various vessels or components to create a grouping.
- Go Beyond the Florals. Add interest to your arrangement by including additional elements like decorative props. Whether it be a wooden slab or a vintage drawer, props do wonders for the overall visual.
- Play with Color. Create instant drama by using bold colors or unconventional color combinations.
- Budget Considerations. If on a small budget consider going with faux flowers over fresh blooms. Create unique arrangements and the real deal won’t be missed.
- The Power of Candlelight. There’s is no better foolproof way to add beauty and romance to your centerpieces, and your wedding, than by using candles. The key factor to creating the look? There’s no such thing as too much candlelight!
- The Size Factor. Going big is not a must do. Long and low arrangements can be just as beautiful. Consider using varying low vessels for a grouping that creates a runner down a rectangular table or a full cluster on a round.
- A Touch of Bling. And when all else fails, add a touch of bling for guaranteed wow factor.
And now for some eye candy!
Create Your Own
If you’re feeling inspired and considering working with your friends and family to create your own arrangements than come back and visit us this Wednesday when we show you how to pull it all together.